January 4, 2010

Leaping into a new decade




They say that you should start the New Year in the manner in which you intend to proceed. Unfortunately I spent New Years day doing housework only to hear this proverb a day too late.

The Rooster and Tools threw caution to the wind and plunged into the new decade. Nothing could hold our fearless boy back as he followed his father, leaping so quickly that my camera only captured his little splash.

We brought the new year in with just our little family. The zoo, an evening swim, pizza at one of our faves and a DVD. We clean forgot about the fireworks we have seen every year and went to bed 15 minutes before the stroke of midnight.

Our summer has taken a vacation. Our garden is lush with all the rain but we need some sun so we can open up our van and get to work before we head away on the weekend.

Hope your New Year has been filled with little bursts of sunshine.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is a big jump - fearless indeed. And how cute does Ellie look in her toggs. I wish I had heard about that proverb earlier too - I spent the day stuffing my face - I still seem to be doing that 5 days later - aaaargh.

    A happy new year and decade to you and the family

    ReplyDelete
  2. We brought in the new year with friends and family - 9 adults, nine kids, three dogs and a cat to be exact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim and I spent New Year's Eve at the beach, and we watched fireworks come midnight. New Year's Day was spent with friends, so I guess we're off to a good start. Y'all must have had an amazing time, and the weather looks beautiful (i can't help but be jealous. i'm so tired of snow). Here's hoping 2010 is as good as it possibly can be for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete