May 12, 2009

A few good books

It's terrible when you are late for your own Eye spy party. This weeks theme was chosen for a very good reason. I can't remember the last book I read. Isn't that terrible? I know that I must have read something this year but for the life of me I can't remember a single title. I went to my book shelf to jog my memory and clapped my eyes on this.

Passed on by a friend, it was a great breastfeeding read. Those books you can pick up and put down and peer over the head of your bub as you nurse. Its about juggling family and work life, and failing and admitting that there are things that just have to give if you are to strike a balance. There are cringe-worthy moments and laugh-out-loud moments but at the heart of this book is a woman who just can't do it all, something that most of us who work and mother have to concede at one point or another.




This is what is sitting beside my bed at the moment. I'm not sure what my friend was saying when she gave me this one! I'm only a little way in. For me it's a book to pick up in those quiet moments and they don't come along too often. It's about shifting your perspective and being in each moment.



Head over to Bugandpop to see what is everyone else has read. I can go to the library next week armed with a list of recommendations. In fact, I might just get organised and put some of these books on reservation the I really won't need to go further than the counter!

3 comments:

  1. I have wondered about the buddhist one. Thanks for this weeks theme. As for late, I do that all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddhism for Mothers I like the sound of that! Nice to dip into every now and then, when you're in need of being rescued from the chaos - that is every day life!!! I'll add that to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound interesting. And oh - a breastfeeding book. I was worried my reading days might be over once the bub is born, so happy with that idea!

    ReplyDelete